Friday, October 21, 2005

Watch Dr. Phil? - Let's Chat!

Did you watch Dr. Phil's show today "Mom's and Money Conflicts"? Pretty good show, huh? In my opinion I think they need to elaborate now and go into more detail about working at home, don't you??

Hey Dr. Phil ... I think this calls for a whole new episode!!

So, what did you think? Do you think a lot of folk are disillusioned about people who work at home?

-> Are YOU "playing on the computer"?

-> Do you work more or less with your work at home business?
Yes, you do have the option of working or not ... but if you DON'T work then you DON'T get the money!

Regardless I personally don't think any of these women had particularly "Bad" ideas. I just think they needed to do a lot more research. And Alice sweetie ... you really need to work on your marketing skills. Do some research sweetie! I think you'll do fine! I've seen a lot more Worse products being marketed before and have gone a long way.

As for the two who wanted to open the boutique ... well, you know, I remember when I first wanted to have my own business I had pretty much the same idea. I can have my kids there and everything will be fine. Ouch! Not a pretty picture painted for them, eh? But it's the truth. I think one of them had mentioned the fact that they made the circumstances a little worse than normal. Ummm...how unusual is it for someone to call off work? That's not THAT unlikely.

I had a friend once who owned her own salon. She brought her son (toddler) to work with her everyday. She had a little playroom in the back for him to play in while she had clients. Well, besides the fact that it drove me crazy every time I went in there and smelled all those fumes from perms, nail polish etc ... It just wasn't right. (My opinion of course) Especially in a situation like that. Do you know how long a perm would take if she had to go to her son every time he needed her? I personally didn't mind because I was a friend (and of course a friend to her son) and I would go back and play with him. I also didn't mind when she had to stop something with me to go to him. But I'm sure there were a lot of other customers who didn't appreciate it. Are we surprised that she works somewhere else now?

I think you have to make your choices. It might work a bit better (using the boutique for example) to have another room that the children can be occupied...but hire someone else to help take care of the children. Like I said ... I don't think it was a really bad idea ... I just think there needed to be a little more thought put into it.

Okay ... enough about what I think! What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home