Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Heart Warmer Betty Figels

I met Betty Figels (BJ) at The Heart Warming Creations Convention. BJ, a Turbotville, PAer native is a real fun-loving Heart Warmer - I can only imagine how much fun she has with her party guests! My interview with BJ...

How long have you been with Heart Warming Creation?
I started in February, l995 so that makes 11 years.

Is this the first company you've sold for?
No, I started in direct sales with a company, Cottage Collectibles, out of Houston, Texas.

Please share your website address with us
www.bjfigels.myheartwarmingcreations.com

Is this your own personal website or a company issued?
Started thru the company.

What is your favorite aspect about your business?
I have a lot of favorites with Heart Warming but if I have to narrow it down to one ... I think I'd have to say that it's the friendships that I have made with some of my hostesses and some of their guests. There are some that have been doing shows with me for almost as long as I've been selling with Heart Warming and they've become like family. Of course another favorite aspect is that with Heart Warming ... I get my paycheck as soon as I close up that show!

What is your best selling tool / technique?
I don't know that I have a technique but I do believe in being myself when I am in front of the hostess and guests. I try to make the time together as fun as possible and I really believe that Heart Warming Creations merchandise sells itself! We are definitely a 'satisfaction guarantee' company and therefore we carry some of the best quality of merchandise available.

What is your biggest challenge with your business?
At present time I'd have to say that my biggest challenge is getting shows booked.

Do you have a team / downline?
I have one recruit at present time.

How do you keep them motivated - keep in touch with them?
Debby and I are usually on the phone at least once a week and I think she honestly does more motivating for me than I do for her!

Please list the awards you won at the convention.
I brought home a trophy for holding at least one show per month something I've been able to do for the last couple years! I also -surprisingly- was awarded a 2d quarter (2006) award for being #18 in sales. I also received recognition for being #18 in the last half of 2005. The company is really great at recognizing even the smallest accomplishments of us consultants by giving us charms.

Anything else you'd like to add?
If anyone would have told me prior to Heart Warming Creations that I would be in the direct sales business for this many years I would have probably given them a 'yeah, right' but I honestly believe I am still in the direct sales business because of the support of our home office and fellow consultants and also the fact that I can make my own schedule. I was able to watch my son and daughter participate in sporting events, go on field trips throughout their school years and now that I'm thru that stage of life I can be as busy as I want and still have a 'life' with out being exhausted because of 'long hours' working for someone else!

Contact Betty Figels at:
bjmane@alltel.net

Or visit her website at:
www.bjfigels.myheartwarmingcreations.com

1 Comments:

At 8/24/2006 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job Betty!! Keep up the good work....Love Ya,
Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home